Q: Who is my guidance counselor?

Guidance Counselors:

Work Hours: 8:00 AM - 3:15 PM


Support Staff:

Work Hours: 8 AM - 4 PM

      • Parent Coordinator - Mr. Pena-Matos 262-8113 ext. 2113 (Lunch 11 AM - 12 PM)
      • Official Letters, Transcripts, Student Records Requests: Diane Otero 262-8113 ext. 2190 (Lunch 12:21 - 1:06 PM)


Q: How do I obtain a MetroCard,or replacement card?

A:  Please see Ms. Shipman in room 3025.


Q: Where do I go to purchase gym uniform clothing or other team uniforms?

A: Visit our School's SquadLocker page for high-quality Sports Uniforms, and HSES Eagles merchandise. 


Q: How do I obtain a  student photo ID card?

 A: Student ID cards are distributed in the cafeteria during lunch periods. If a student loses their ID card, or if a card is damaged, see Ms. Mistrettta in room 2026 during your lunch period to obtain a replacement.  A replacement card cost is $3.00


Q: Who do I see with questions about health issues? 

A:  We have a fully dedicated Nurse's office located in room 3078, next to the gymnasium.


Q: Who do I see regarding security and safety issues? 

A: See AP Williams in room 2025, speak to our Deans, or an NYPD School Safety Agent .


Q: Where do I go if I arrive to school early?

A: Go to the cafeteria, or designated space for students before the start of class.


Q: Do you have a breakfast program?

A: Yes, The New York City Department of Education offers free breakfast, lunch and after-school meals to all NYC public school students during the school year. Please see this link for more information about school meal programs. 


Q: How can I contact my child’s teachers?

A: Teachers can be reached via NYC DOE email, Kinvolved, Pupilpath messaging, or by phone. Our staff email directory can be found at www.envirostudies.org 


Q: Where can my child get extra help with work?

A: The library is open after school Tuesday through Friday, and subject teachers are available to help students by appointment. 


Q: How can I find out my child’s daily schedule?

A: Parents can go to Pupilpath, or call their child’s guidance counselors (see above).


Q: How can I find out if my child is getting to school on time?

A: Check your Kinvolved account regularly, contact the Attendance office, or contact your child's guidance counselor.


Q: What activities can my child participate in after school?

A: Students can participate in our many after-school clubs and PSAL sports programs.  For a complete list of offerings, visit our web site here. 


Q: Who can I speak to if my child is expressing depression, or other social emotional challenges?

A: Parents can contact:

Life net: 1-800 Life Net (English)

1-877 298-3373 (Spanish)

1-877 990-8585 (Asian Languages)

The Samaritans: 1-212 673-3000

The Health Information Tool for Empowerment (HITE) is an online directory offering information on more than 5,000 health and social services available in New York City, Long Island and Westchester.


Please contact your child's guidance counselor for more information as well


Q: How can I help my child do even better in his/her classes?

A: Parents should try and provide a quiet place for students to study and do homework. Parents should show an interest in their child’s education. Routinely ask about school: “What happened today? What did you learn today? Show me your homework, your last exam score, who are you friendly with?”


It is also recommended that parents use the two-way communication services of Kinvolved, PupilPath, and Google Classroom/ Gmail to correspond with their child's teachers.


Q: How can I support my child’s school?

A: Parents are asked to attend and become active members of the Parents Association. The Parent Association can be reached by calling Mr. Guillermo Pena-Matos, Parent Coordinator, Room 2113

Phone 212-262-8113 EXT 2113